Monday, April 16, 2012

Hip hop at it's best.

Not many of the people I know likes hip hop. Not the hip hop dance, the music genre.
The kids nowadays would most probably refer to this genre as "Nick Minaj" or "Drake". But I don't, and never will agree.

Hip hop, to me, is an art form that Gs in the late 90's brought to fame. And Eminem is one of the greatest hip hop artist, rapper, most will know.
But how many people really know the old school rapper and hip hop that died before we even got the chance to listen to them? I don't know many of them, but I know of Tupac Amaru Shakur. How I came to know of his story is really simple, television. One of the channels was showing his biography and how he died and what he did before he died and all those. So, being the curious kid I was, I went to search for him immediately. And 'Fwu-la', Tupac Shakur entered my life.
R.I.P Lesane Parish Crooks.
A few of my favorite Tupac songs are 'Life Goes On', 'California Love', 'Thugz Mansion', 'Changes' and 'Dear Mama'. These are just some of them I can think of right now. And you realize that non of them are called 'Stupid Hoes' or some stupid names like that. This art form is going to die out so quickly, the future generations will never know of such geniuses like this guy right here.

Oh right, this post was inspired by .. COACHELLA 2012.
Tupac Hologram Performance at Coachella 2012, the legend lives on.

I had goose bumps for every second the video was playing. I was so determined that it was actually him who was performing until the end. The hopes won't die, we still believe you're alive.

One more video for you guys to enjoy.

My bad for saying I want to go to the HOLY SHIP so badly. This is the place I want to be at. Sober, drunk by music, and most probably crying because of how my dreams were all coming true and I can finally die without regrets.

Here's a bonus video

Yes, they're actually meaningful. Something rappers nowadays should learn to do.

Thank you Coachella 2012 for not censoring all the good parts of the songs and letting the artist express themselves to the fullest. I'm pretty sure all of the hip hop fans around the world appreciate what you're doing and we love you for that. And for Tupac, RIP big brother. We love you.
Read more about Coachella 2012 here

No comments:

Post a Comment