Sunday, October 23, 2011

Discman

Some of the teenagers probably don't have a clue what a discman is. A discman is portable CD player, which is also known as CD walkman.

It used to be normal for people to walk around holding a discman in their hand.
For example,




So I was using my computer and all of a sudden, this lyrics came into my head.
"Standing in line, to see the show tonight.. And there's a light of... Heavy glow.."
And I remember listening to this song via the discman when I was younger.
The search for the CD began.
It wasn't long before I dug this out.


A few songs I really like from the album
Somewhere I belong - Linkin Park

By The Way - Red Hot Chili Peppers


Complicated - Avril Lavinge


My Sacrifice - Creed


And the list goes on..
I was rocking to these songs at 3 in the morning yesterday. Kept me up till 5. Great memories.

5 comments:

  1. God, I loved discmans. I wonder why people don't have them anymore? I mean, yes it's easier to use an MP3 or an iPod because they're smaller but stil... there is just some kind of magical feeling going on when you're walking around with a discman.
    Great songs, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know right! It was so cool back then. Maybe we should start the trend of discman. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Lets walk around with our discmans. Unfortunately, mine is broken. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. There was something else back then, wasn't there? A walkman or something? I can't really remember what it's called anymore, but instead of CDs, it'll play tapes! Ah, good times. It was what got me listening to music and now I can't stop. :) Thanks for reminding me about the good ol' Discman!

    - Shahrin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah! It's called the walkman! I still have one in my drawer! Haha. It's my pleasure! :)

      Delete