Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Imagination

It's really what you need to understand my blog. I tend to be really generous with the words I put into every post, because I'm not a natural photographer. I can't snap a picture before eating, I dig right in. I can't ask my friends to stand and pose for a picture, I just can't bring myself to do it.


Went rollerblading at East Coast Park today. I learnt how to blade when I was 8, so I thought I could still do it with ease. One thing's for sure, I sucked at it, BIG TIME. I couldn't stand up for the first 5 minutes and after almost falling for three or four times in the first 5 minutes, I gave up. I took off the blades and walked while Keith and Yankai bladed away. They were new at it too, but they were better than me.

They were asking for guidance before we bladed, and they ended up showing me how it was done. We bladed around the learner's area for 20 minutes before feeling confident enough to blade on the pavement. And not long after, I was the first to fall.
Stood up, wobbled around, began falling, fell.
I suck at drawing, seriously. But this was the best visual illustration I can provide you with. My first fall drew blood from my knee cap, but I didn't feel any pain. I'm starting to think I'm becoming immune to feel pain to these kind of superficial injuries. Moving on, due to the awkward posture I was in the whole time, my ankles started to hurt. An hour later, we were done. They were getting pretty good at it, but I'm no longer going to blade again.

It felt like I was learning how to walk again. The constant fear of falling, and the balancing acts I had to perform the entire time was too tedious for me. But I had fun.

The old me would've felt really embarrassed, falling and, not having the 'perfect' hairstyle. I would have turned down the idea to even do something like this. But nope, not anymore. I fell on my ass and I loved the wind in my face. I didn't cared who saw me falling, or the amount of fun I was having. I'm pretty sure some of the people who saw us acting like fools, trying to balance and stuffs had a couple of smirks, but you know, who cares!? Living young, and wild, and free.

Sitting on the rocks, enjoying the sea breeze. The sounds of the waves crashing upon the rocks, smell of the water, and sight of the ships are really fulfilling and enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment