Friday, April 13, 2012

Perfect relationships.


We got a lot of great feedback about our wedding day, but one little detail of our ceremony that got quite a few really positive reactions was the wine and love letter box ritual. This was one ritual I had never heard of before our officiant mentioned it. However, as soon as she explained it to Michael and I, we were sold.
Here's how it works: Prior to the wedding, you gather a strong wooden box, a bottle of wine and two glasses. Then, also before the ceremony, you both sit down separately and write love notes to each other, explaining the feelings on the eve of your wedding day. Each letter then gets sealed in its own envelope. You do not read you beau's letter.
Then, at some point during the ceremony, your officiant explains the process, and the two of you seal the box by taking turns hammering in one nail at a time (what other excuse do you have to use a hammer during your wedding?!) until the box is closed.
You don't open the box until your 10th anniversary (or really whatever anniversary you choose), UNLESS you hit a rough patch in your marriage before then. Either way, on the day that you open the box, you both read the letters and drink the wine, remembering how you both felt just days before your wedding day. 
 -via Nicole at theplungeproject.com
This post was actually inspired by American Sitcoms. I'm a huge fan of American Sitcoms. The Big Bang Theory, Two and A Half Men, How I Met Your Mother, and recently, Friends. They're all really great, and I always have so much to think about after watching them.

I've been single for my entire life, so I have no clue what it's like to be in a relationship. And I always have the same question in mind, why does a couple fight? Okay, maybe once every three months or so might be a reasonable amount to me. But as far as the people around me are concerned, couples fight CONSTANTLY. Over the littlest thing, they squabble. It's hurting no one but themselves, and why go through that?

It might sound really dumb, but can't they do this: Think of the past when your other half was the person of your dreams. Now that you have them, you take them for granted. I say, hold them tight and never let them go. They were your stars, before you two got together, they were the best thing that you could ever get. 


I've always thought of my future relationship to be a, call me delusional, 'quarrel-free' one. Because I'm a thinker, and I always think of what happens before, during and after a particular moment. It's the ego that holds all of us back. Don't you agree? I say, bear no grudges in a relationship, and always think of the reasons why you fell in love with your other half. Be forgiving, and be honest. Oh, and don't do stupid things, because.. duh! it's a STUPID thing.

I leave you with a HILARIOUS video of Barberella interviewing Rihanna. And a new word I learned the other day.



- Grotesquely:
1.Characterized by ludicrous or incongruous distortion, as of appearance or manner.
2. Outlandish or bizarre, as in character or appearance.
Use it in a sentence (Phoebe Buffay in Friends Season 3 Episode 10): Their corpses grotesquely dressed in like tinsel and twinkle lights(Referring to Christmas trees). 
Source: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/grotesquely

Next time you can go up to a person with too much make up, and say "Hey, your face is grotesquely made up with layers of pink and purple powder.".

No comments:

Post a Comment