Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Love is not perfect.

& like it or not, that is fine. 



No one ever told me how a relationship would pan out.
And even if they did, they never told me to prepare for what I got myself into.


To see the back of her leaving for the departure hall and leaving you behind for 10 months, no one told me it would get so difficult.
Communication break down, arguments and what nots make things even harder than it already is,
With no physical presence, we seek comfort by video calling each other every now and then.


And then I visited her in China. How great a break that was for the both of us. To indulge entirely within each other. To embrace each other every single day and night. To be able to sleep and cuddle each other in bed. It felt too much like a dream.
And like every other dream, we woke up.
Back to reality and seven more gruelling months to endure.

I never thought it would get this hard.
I never thought love was not perfect.
I've always had this idea that everything would go smoothly, and everything's sweet and colourful and story-like.
Never have I been so wrong.


Love is nothing like what we read or see. Whatever photo shows, there are a million things that it doesn't. The many small arguments, the huge fights, the tears and the shouts. The anger and disappointments are unseen. And I guess that's what love is.

With the good, comes the bad. And I'm so glad we always make up at the end of the day. Because at the end of the day, I know I can always run back to you and feel safe and so can you.
It's what makes us strong and what makes us weak. Makes us vulnerable but also invincible. It's both a curse and a blessing to love, and I want every thing it offers.
I don't need a fairytale, I just need a very true and raw relationship. A girl who is willing to give her all to make me a part of her life.

And I don't want anyone else but you. I want to go through the good and the bad with you. The happy and the sad. I want to learn to compromise, be a better person, a better boyfriend and hopefully in the future, a better husband. I want to grow old with you and to make both of us better human beings. I want to learn and relearn everything I know with you.

I don't want this love of ours to die. We have barely started a fire that I hope will burn eternally. So please bear with me. I really cannot wait for you to come back home to me.


I love you.

PS: It's been awhile since I last wrote, I am a little rusty. But I'll be back for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment