Sunday, January 5, 2014

Only if you mean it.

It was a farewell that took too long.
2013 is finally gone.

It was a year too crazy for me to put the details down in a few thousand words.

There were a billion 21sts we celebrated, K came and went, grew from a party goer to an alcoholic, had hangovers more times in a couple of months than I had in my entire life, went from sober to wasted, clean to inked and so on and so forth.

Numero Tres
2014 has begun, so a new chapter begins.
I am both excited and scared to embark on this new year. Time's passing too quickly, and before anyone ever realise it, 2014 will be over.


P has been nothing but a revelation for me. But I'm still trying to figure out what she will mean to me for this new year. I didn't do what I wanted to do before the clock struck twelve on December 31st. Plans don't work out the way you want them to, life.

A 'fluke' P drew. A stag swag.
I am both terrified and glad about what we have going on. I don't know, I never asked. Mind's telling me to go for it, but heart's telling me to stop for a bit.

Dear Universe,

Give me a sign.

- Em
"Say it only if you mean it. I'm done with maybes and hopefully-s. I want something definite. Something I can put my trust on and not be taken for granted. I want truths and nothing but truths. I want the courage in you.
Dear 2014,
I look forward to having challenges, and breaking them all. I look forward to having more inks and a better shaped me. I look forward to more travels and perhaps, just perhaps, love. I want this year to revolve more around me rather than them.
 I yearn for change, so drastic, people will come up to me and ask if I am still the same person I was a few months back. I yearn for greater things in life. I demand a life lived to the fullest this year. I crave to be something important, something bigger than just a subpar role in people's lives. 
More importantly, I want to be courageous. To do things I never thought of doing. Also, to be utterly straightforward and to chase for things I wouldn't normally chase after. I want to live life this year. I want to feel, I need to feel. This year, shall be legendary. 
-Em             


"In the depths of my soul, I longed to be a part of something large and good; something that required all of me; something dangerous and worth dying for."

No comments:

Post a Comment