Sunday, October 23, 2011

The ones who stayed.

This year's Birthday was a little different.
Actually it's alot different.
I don't really know how to put it, but I was surprised by my friends with a cake! It sounds really simple, but simplicity can be great too.
It's been... 4 years since my last "celebration".
4 long years since I've had people sing the birthday song for me, and a cake with a candle that I can make a wish upon blowing it out.
I was really surprised because I didn't expect anything. Just know that I was really really happy.
I made no wishes when I blew out the candle. Because all I could ever wished for, came true. I'm so glad I have friends that actually care.

I'll post up some pictures once my friend uploads them.
And I also got birthday wishes from other parts of the world. Specifically, Romania, France and UK. They're from my penpals and their wishes meant much more than my actual friends'.
This time last year, almost everyone from the team gave their wishes. But this year, only a few of them did. Not really bothered by that, just a little disturbed by the fact that a year was all it took for them to forget me.
Getting a little draggy.

I'll end with something I wrote for my last year's birthday.
I'd make a wish,
But there's no cake.
No candles to blow out,
no song to be sang.
A present by 2 friends,
and a belated red packet.
A pathetic dinner,
to celebrate my day.
I then proceeded to draw a 2d cake with candles on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment